Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Green That House

Ok. I really am not a reality show junkie. Especially since it means me and many other union actors don't have tv jobs. And everybody knows it really dumbs you down and cuts you out of being involved in your life. But GREEN THIS HOUSE says it's not a reality show. I believe them.

GREEN THIS HOUSE just selected our condo neighbors. Not just their condo - but the surrounding condos can get involved. We're going to have help greening this entire housing association, and it will be featured on Discovery Channel this Fall, so others can see what's possible. We're getting together a list of projects and see who wants to head which ones. Hm, now's my chance to get rid of the jailhouse searchlights that parade as outdoor safety lights, but keep me awake all night shining in my windows.

I'm reading COLLAPSE by Jared Diamond. How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed. I'm excited about the prospect of living in a condo that is on good terms with the ground it's been built on. I'm also curious in how this green project will bring together our 14 unit condo neighbors - not everyone is going to think it's a fantastic opportunity.

Will we be SouthPark and agree to value all opinions in a free society?

Our energy is all connected. Yet one cannot make decisions for all, as each has their lessons to live through in their own way. Possible real mud being slung, cause I'm hoping to head the gardening project.

No comments: